Nellie"s Needles

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Painted Furniture

Several days ago Martha posted about a delightful piece of furniture painted by her sister. The polka dots prompted me to write about the sideboard in our cottage dining room.My friend, Alicia, and I painted it last summer. First we applied a hand-made paper and then had fun with acrylic paints, sponge brushes, and marking pens.In the fall I decided to add polka dots and stripes to the ten dining room chairs.My husband, Lee, had painted parts of them various colors about 20 years ago.
To view other pieces of furniture painted by Alicia and me in my studio go here. All the painted pieces are finished with two coats of acrylic medium.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very very cool!

p said...

there is no stopping you!!!!!!
i cannot believe how incredibly cool and fascinating this piece is.
can i go on and on and on?????
I've never been so delighted by so many unexpected pictures.

Deb R said...

I LOVE that artsy sort of painted furniture. If I was decorating solely to suit myself there'd be lots of it in my house, but J doesn't go for it at all. :-/

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheeeee. Very fun. I think my husband would... I don't know what. But he definitely wouldn't help me paint furniture like that.

Unknown said...

what wonderful fun furniture! And I love the views of the lake...Really enjoying your posts!

Joyce said...

I love the painted furniture. I've always wanted to try doing that but have never gotten around to it.

Teodo said...

Beautiful.................
your creativity is immense.
ciao ciao